It is that time of the year where soups are a daily dish and that’s why you should give a try to this easy and creamy pumpkin soup recipe.
If you were asking what to do with all the pumpkin leftovers, now is the time to use them for this recipe🎃🎃.
This soft and creamy soup is one of my favourites because it’s sooo easy and fast to prepare.
Ready? Let’s go!
Easy Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Just 10 simple steps to get a soft and creamy pumpkin soup to enjoy this fall (and winter!).
- Heavy bottom pot
- 1 Onion (or 2 Shallots)
- 3 cloves garlic
- Green onion
- 2 tbsp Sour cream I used 14%, but can use 5% instead.
- 1 1/2 cup Table cream 18% or any other vegetal fat milk
- 1 big can of pumpkin puree or 3 pounds of pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cup Vegetable stock
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Pumpkin Spice
- 1 Chicken breast
- 1/2 Lemon juice
- 1 clove Garlic
- Salt & Pepper
This recipe has two options.
- If you want to do it with roasted pumpkin, you should preheat the oven to 400 F.Carefully, cut the onion or shallots, garlic and pumpkin in quarters, remove the seeds but not peel it off just yet.Place it on a sheet pan with parchment paper and olive oil.Add some salt and pepper on top and roast it for 45 minutes or until is soft.Let it cool for 15 minutes and remove the skin. It should be easy.
- If you are using a can of pumpkin puree, start here.
- Chop an onion or shallots and the garlic.
- Heat a pan, add some olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic. Cook for about 10 mins or until the onion slightly golden.
- We are going to use a blender. Here you'll need to add:
- The pumpkin (either the rosted pumpkin or the puree), onions and garlic, milk of choice, broth, salt, pepper, and pumpkin spice. Mix it all together until is combined.
- In heavy bottom pot, add the soup mixture and let it simmer for about 15 minutes, but keep stirring it every 5 minutes.
- Once the soup is ready, remove it from the heat and grab some bowls to serve the soup. Be careful, it's super hot!
- Lastly, I love to add some toppings, like a tablespoon of sour cream with chopped green onion on top. Some olive oil and sprinkle a bit of kosher (or any) salt on top as well. Or maybe you have some toasts or croutons to add too.
Optional toppings: I usually like to add some sauté chicken on top too! Just cut the chicken breast in squares and chop some garlic. Then, grab a pan, add some oil and when it’s hot, sauté the chicken with the garlic until is golden brown. Don’t forget to add the juice of half lemon, salt, pepper, and parsley while is cooking.
And that’s it! This soft and delicious soup is ready to enjoy and keep you warm in the next months🎃🧣🧤
Hope you like it and let me know how it was!
Hey, it’s nice to know the ” Fast & Simple Creamy Pumpkin Soup” very informative, i want to try this one!
Thank you so much! Hope you can try it and let me know how it was 💜