Is there anything better than pizza? I don’t think so!
This is my go-to pizza for a perfect Friday night.
It’s perfect because is crunchy and full of cheese, it has a thin crust and the best thing is you can add any topping you want!
Occasionally, I like to add ham, but you can skip it and do the pizza full veggie.
My fav toppings are some cherry tomatoes with parmesan, garlic, and arugula!
The key for a thin and crunchy crust is a hot oven (or bbq) but the game changer here is a pizza stone. I love to use this one from Broil King, even to do empanadas or toast 🤤.
I also recommend you to use this parchment paper. It’s high temperature resistant and you can use it for everything, even the air fryer!!
Hope you try it and enjoy your Netflix-beer-and-pizza night!
Italian Thin Crust Pizza
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp honey or sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- semolina or cornmeal Optional
- 350 gr mozzarella
- 300 gr bocconcini marinated optional
- 50 gr kalamata olives
- 150 gr tomato sauce (marinara or pizza)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100 gr arugula
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 50 gr ham optional
- salt & pepper
- red pepper flakes optional
- In a bowl (or stand mixer bowl), whisk well the dry yeast with honey and water. Add the olive oil and whisk again.
- Add the flour and salt and mix everything until you get a soft dough. It shouldn’t be sticky, so add more flour if needed.
- Cut the dough in half and make two buns. Let them rest for at least 30 minutes, covered with film wrap or a clean kitchen towel.
- Once they double their size, you can start using them.
Prep & Toppings
- Pre-heat the oven at 450 F. Yes, the key is a hot oven. Or you can definitely do it at the bbq instead. It should be at least at 500 F.
- Grab a pizza or regular pan (even better if you have a pizza stone) and cover it with parchment paper and sprinkle semolina or cornmeal on top of the parchment paper. It will make your crust super-crispy.
- Gently, stretch the dough with your fingers, from center to outside until is thin, and try to leave a thick edge. You should get two pizzas of 12” approx.
- Note: You can also freeze it for up to 3 months or keep it in the fridge for 2 – 3 days.Just keep in mind to leave the dough outside and covered for about 1 hour before using it, and if it was in the freezer, 2 hours minimum.
- Once you’re happy with the thickness, it’s ready to add the toppings.
- First, spread the sauce. Then, add the shredded mozzarella cheese add the bocconcini.
- Bake it for around 10/15 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted.Meanwhile, you can chop some garlic and mix it with a good amount of olive oil, arugula salt, and pepper.
- Once the pizza is ready, add the rest of the toppings like the arugula with olive oil and garlic. Ham, olives, cherry tomatoes, etc. Any topping you want! Or just add some basil on top and that’s it!
I LOVE THIS PIZZA🍕🍕🍕🍕
Yup, the B-E-S-T!💜💜 Thank you