Sweet and soft. Tasty and moist. These Alfajores are a MUST!
I know it’s not the easiest recipe but I promise you it will be the BEST dessert, mini-cakes, cookies, —or whatever you want to call them— for this Holidays. 🎊
Especially if you are going to spend Christmas at home, these Alfajores will definitely cheer you up and keep your head focused on something fun!
Also, if you have kids, you can absolutely do it together to have them distracted😜. So it’s a win-win.
TIP: You can use white chocolate instead of dark and use food colouring and sprinkles to make it even more Holiday Mood! (Thank me later).
Holiday’s desserts ideas: Alfajores Argentinos
- 150 grs Butter
- 50 grs White Sugar
- 50 grs Honey
- 1/2 Lemon (zest)
- 1/2 Orange
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 250 grs All-purpose Flour
- 50 grs Cornstarch
- 5 grs Baking Powder
- 2 grs Baking Soda
- 20 grs Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 500 grs Dulce de Leche (Thick) a.k.a Repostero
- 600 grs Dark Chocolate Wafers You can use white (or white + colours) chocolate too!
First things first:
- Add the soft butter in a bowl with sugar and whisk well until get a creamy mix.
- Next add: the egg, honey, vanilla extract, lemon zest, orange juice, and mix everything.
- Now, you have to add the dry ingredients: flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and cacao. Important: Sift all ingredients first. Mix gentle without whisking.
- Once ready, stretch the dough until get a half-inch of thickness and keep it between two plastic wrap in the fridge for about 1 hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 360º F
- Cut out into rounds using a circle cutter (or a glass) of 2.5 inches of diameter. You should get between 12 to 16 pieces approx.
- Place them in a baking sheet with a parchment paper and bake for 15 minutes. Wait until cold to fill with Dulce de Leche.
Almosssst there: The filling:
- Fill a piping bag with the Dulce De Leche and spread the bottom of each cookie. Put them together and let them cold in the freezer for 15 minutes.
Finally! Cover the Alfajores with chocolate:
- Melt (should be almost liquid) the chocolate in the microwave and cover each alfajor with it. Use a soup serving spoon for better coverage. Place them in a rack (or baking sheet) and put the alfajores in the fridge for one hour.
- Now just eat'em all!