Bad weather? No problem!
Spoil yourself with these Old Fashioned Biscuits and get ready to watch a movie or an entire TV show season.
20-mins Old Fashioned Biscuits
Bad weather? No problem! It's always sunny in For Cooking Blog. Spoil yourself with these Old Fashioned Biscuits in just 20 minutes!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup shortening *cold* (or butter)
- 1 cup milk *cold*
- 2 tbsp melted butter + 1 tbsp olive oil for brushing
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Cut the shortening into small pieces (or you can grater it) and then add it into the bowl and stir all together. Should look like a grainy texture.
- Slowly add the cold milk and mix it until you have a dough. Try to not to use your hands too much, we don’t want to transfer hot to the dough.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven at 400 F and prepare a baking sheet.
- Press the dough gently with your hands until you get a 1 inch of thickness. Then, cut the biscuits with a circle cutter or a glass—2.5 inches approx.
- Lastly, place the biscuits on the baking sheet, brush it with the butter & olive oil.
- Bake it for 15 minutes or until golden and enjoy☺️